Filipe Toledo wins the Corona Open J-Bay 201726 July, 2017
Who will win the Hurley Pro at Trestles ?16 August, 2017
I was intrigued by the fact that there is only one Spanish pro surfer in 2017, so where are the best surfers from according to the current Jeep Leaderboard? Let us make a ranking with the amount of PRO surfers by country. It seems things are more or less the same than in 2013, according to a very accurate article by Evan Thomas.
- AUS (Australia): 15, Matt Wilkinson, Owen Wright, Julian Wilson, Joel Parkinson, Connor O’Leary, Mick Fanning, Adrian Buchan, Bede Durbidge, Jack Freestone, Stuart Kennedy, Josh Kerr, Ethan Ewing, Jacob Willcox, Mikey Wright, Glyndyn Ringrose.
- BRA (Brazil): 13, Adriano de Souza, Gabriel Medina, Filipe Toledo, Wiggolly Dantas, Caio Ibelli, Italo Ferreira, Ian Gouveia, Miguel Pupo, Jadson Andre, Yago Dora, Jesse Mendes, Bino Lopes, Samuel Pupo.
- USA (including Hawaii): 8, Nat Young, Kanoa Igarashi, Kelly Slater, Conner Coffin, Sebastian Zietz, Kolohe Andino, Ezekiel Lau, John John Florence.
- ZAF (South Africa): 3, Jordy Smith, Michael February, Dale Staples.
- PYF (French Polynesia): 2, Taumata Puhetini, Michel Bourez.
- France: 2, Joan Duru, Jeremy Flores.
- PRT (Portugal): 1, Frederico Morais.
- Italy: 1, Leonardo Fioravanti.
- Fiji: 1, Tevita Gukilau.
- Spain: 1, Aritz Aranburu.
But where are the TOP 10 surfers from in 2017?
Once again, in the top 10, Australia wins:
- Australia: 5
- Brazil: 3
- South Africa: 1
- USA (Hawaii): 1