A surfing day in Los Patos19 August, 2019
Owen Wright conquers Teahupo’o29 August, 2019
As you all know, the Tahiti Pro Teahupo’o is on right now and its on Day 2. The defending champion of last year is Gabriel Medina from Brazil, but who has won it more times and who has ever won it before since 1999, when the WSL started a tournament there? Let’s take a look at it:
- Kelly Slater: Kelly Slater has won it 5 times. It is not a surprise as he is one of the best surfers of all times.
- Bobby Martínez: Bobby Martínez has won it twice, but he is not the only one as we will see in the following ranking.
- Andy Irons: Andy Irons has also won it twice, the surfer from Hawaii used to make us enjoy every single second of his surfing.
- Gabriel Medina: Probably one of the best surfers of our times, Medina has won it twice as well and is the defending champion.
- Mark Occhilupo: Occhilupo from Australia was the first surfer to win in Teahupo’o in 1999.
- Cory Lopez: Cory Lopez from USA won it back in 2001.
- CJ Hobgood: Also from Usa, CJ won it in 2004 with a good 16.66.
- Damien Hobgood: He made a good 16.60 to win it back in 2007.
- Bruno Santos: First Brazilian to win it in 2008.
- Mick Fanning: From Australia, Fanning won it back in 2012 with an 18.87 score.
- Adrian Buchan: Also from Australia, he won it in 2013 with a spectacular 18.94.
- Jeremy Flores: First and only French surfer to win in Teahupo’o back in 2015.
- Julian Wilson: Fourth Australian to win in Tahiti Teahupo’o with a good 18.96.
As you can see, only surfers from 4 different countries and Hawaii (USA) have won in Tahiti. It’s very interesting to see that there are not many professional surfers from Tahiti. Tahiti belongs to France, and the only French surfer to win in Tahiti is Flores who is from Reunion island. We’ll inform you on the latest scores and winners, both male and female, of the Tahiti Teahupo’o 2019. Bye bye from Atlantik Surf, the best Surf School in Tenerife.